You’re ready for perhaps one of the biggest changes in life: creating a family. But you’re having difficulties with either fertility or conception. While it’s a difficult and sensitive subject, it’s definitely worth considering how acupuncture can be helpful in alleviating infertility and conception issues.
Acupuncture might be a good option for you if you haven’t successfully conceived after a year of trying.
Acupuncture may also be a good option for females who
- are older than 35,
- have irregular or no menstrual cycles,
- experience painful periods,
- have known fertility problems,
- have been diagnosed with endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease,
- have experienced more than one miscarriage, or
- have received prior cancer treatment.
Acupuncture may also be a good option for males who have
- a low sperm count or experience other sperm-related problems;
- a history of testicular, prostate, or sexual problems; or
- received prior cancer treatment.
If you are trying to conceive, it’s important to visit your primary care doctor first to determine what the problem might be.
In addition to proper medical care, a healthy diet, and exercise, acupuncture can be effective for couples struggling to get pregnant. Studies show that, in conjunction with traditional western medical treatment, acupuncture for infertility and conception issues can increase a couple’s chance of conception by up to 26% by
- promoting blood flow to the genital area,
- releasing the body’s natural pain killers,
- reducing stress and anxiety, and
- stimulating the body’s built-in healing mechanisms.
With thirty years of acupuncture practice and an ever-present passion to help people, Dan has helped many on their paths to healthier living. Click here to learn how Dan has helped others with acupuncture.
Not only is acupuncture helpful at the beginning of a pregnancy in terms of fertility, but it can be helpful near the end. Dan has induced labor for patients in the past and looks forward to helping you maintain calm and balance throughout your entire pregnancy.
Interested in trying acupuncture for infertility or conception issues? Contact Heartpath at (608)280-7999 to set up an appointment with Dan now. Dan looks forward to helping you further cultivate your well–being and health so you can enjoy life to the fullest.